Pure Storage India
The leading provider of storage-as-a-service in a multi-cloud environment, recently announced FlashArray//XL- the latest member of its FlashArray family, created for mission-critical and platinum tier enterprise applications. From massive databases to containerized and cloud-native apps, FlashArray//XL extends unmatched performance and scale with an almost 80% improvement in IOPS.
Given the rapid pace at which businesses are moving, the demand for applications can shoot up instantly. This is where there is a need for deploying new applications that further require IT to work in hours and not months. Previously, the largest enterprises had to scale their top-tier apps with legacy technology, which further required high management complexity, high energy costs, high power, as well as disruptive forklift upgrades.
With the latest FlashArray//XL and Pure Fusion – Pure’s self-service, autonomous Storage-as-Code platform – Pure continues to add enterprise-grade scale to its promise of subscription storage that easily evolves to keep IT infrastructure agile as well as up-to-date.
- Strength to run the most demanding business services: Accelerate enterprise workloads with max performance even as they scale to operate at increased loads, with 100% more host connectivity and two times more volume support on a single array.
- Cloud-like model for deploying new apps quickly and easily: Designed to work in concert, Pure Fusion and FlashArray//XL give enterprises Storage-as-Code access to cloud-scale, enabling platinum-level storage tiers and data policies with robust tools to optimize storage pools and workload placement.
- Efficiency and density to consolidate applications for maximum TCO and green data center standards: Enable workload consolidation on fewer arrays to simplify operations, reduce rack space requirements, and significantly reduce power consumption and cooling costs.
- Always-on data protection that’s savvy to ransomware threats: Ensure that data stored on FlashArray//XL is secure, available, and easily recoverable after disruptions, including malicious attacks.
- Future-proof with Evergreen subscription: Get immediate access to ever-improving capabilities with a right-size guarantee and non-disruptive upgrades and capacity expansions as storage needs evolve.
FlashArray //XL and Pure Fusion were designed to meet the demands of the new customers who intended to standardize their storage environments based on the simplicity of the Pure subscription model but required new levels of scale.
“Customers expect a new, modern way to scale enterprise storage. FlashArray//XL is a clear shot across the bow of legacy storage vendors by combining the high-end scale of a true enterprise-class array with the scale-out agility of the cloud operating model,” stated Shawn Hansen, VP, and GM, FlashArray, Pure Storage.
Eric Burgener, Research Vice President, Enterprise Infrastructure Practice, IDC, pointed out, “For top tier applications like massive databases, enterprises need maximum performance and density, but they also want the control of their datacenter and the agility and flexibility of the cloud.
Enterprise-class storage solutions like the FlashArray//XL that are coupled with the cloud operating model give customers the best of both worlds.” FlashArray//XL, now available in the market, delivers up to 5.78 PB effective capacity, as low as 150µs latency, and as much as 36GB/s throughput, with industry-leading 5:1 data reduction average, 10:1 total efficiency, and proven 99.9999% availability in a 5U platform.
Read More :